Out of School Care
Northern Lights Public Schools offers a child care program called Out of School Care for families in need of child care surrounding school hours. To be eligible for this program, children must be enrolled in Kindergarten and up.
Our program offers:
- Professional, certified child care staff;
- Quality accredited programs that complement the students’ in-school programming;
- Government subsidies are available through Human Services;
- A standard of excellence over and above Alberta’s regulated requirements;
- Constructive and caring environment, with skilled professionals;
- A strong commitment to child care from Northern Lights Public Schools;
- Emphasis on arts, multiculturalism, physical activity and child leadership;
- Field trips, science activities, and crafts.
At Vera M. Welsh Elementary School, Out of School Care is available for students at Vera M. Welsh as well as Aurora Middle School, Ecole Plamondon School, Ecole Beausejour and Ecole Sainte-Catherine.
We are now accepting registrations for Full-Time Care for the 2017-2018 school year. Full-Time registrants will also have the option to pay in advance for any or all of the Non-School Days when care is being offered if they choose to (see below for more information).
This year Out of School Care will be accepting online registrations. Registrations will not be considered complete until Out of School Care has received a completed Registration Form for each child and confirmation that fees have been paid through School Cash Online.
To register you will need to:
1. Complete our online Out of School Care Registration Form .
- Download the Out of School Care Registration form to your computer. You must open the downloaded form with either Adobe Acrobat or Adobe Reader. You cannot open it directly in your browser.
- If you require instructions on how to specifically download a file using one of these browsers (FireFox, Google Chrome, Internet Explorer), click here for instructions.
- Once Open in Adobe Acrobat or Reader: Complete the Out of School Care Form - click SUBMIT at the end of the form. Submit will send the completed registration form to email@example.com using your own email account.
- Registration forms can not be completed using a mobile device at this time.
- Please submit the form online. Do NOT print and bring into the school. Once submitted you will receive a confirmation email from Out of School Care to let you know your registration has been received and is being processed. Please give up to one week to receive a confirmation before re-submitting.
2. Pay your deposit.
For 2017-2018, Out of School Care will be accepting payment through School Cash Online. Instructions for Paying Fees on School Cash Online
- Vera M. Welsh Elementary School Fee Schedule
Registrations will not be considered complete until Out of School Care has received a completed Registration Form for each child and confirmation that fees have been paid through School Cash Online.
Fees may be completely or partially covered by the Out of School Care subsidy program provided by the Alberta Government.
The Out of School Care program requires 30 days written notice to withdraw from Full-Time Care (AM or PM). Once OSC receives 30 days notice you will be entitled to your deposit/last month fees back, provided you have no outstanding fees owing. You may withdraw anytime throughout the school year by providing 30 days notice.
Once you have registered and paid your deposit in June for the upcoming school year, you may withdraw prior to August 31 and be refunded your full deposit. (Subsidy deposit or first/last month fee deposit) If you withdraw on or after September 1, you will only be refunded your last month fee deposit, provided you have given 30 days written notice.
In 2017-2018 Out of School Care will be offering care on the following Non-School Days:
- September 22
- October 6
- November 10 & 24
- January 19
- February 15 & 16
- March 9 & 23
- April 20
- May 18
- June 1
Please note that while October 20 is a Non-School Day, it is a Professional Development Day for all staff, so no Out of School Care will be offered on that date.
As well, some sites may offer care during Winter (December 22 – January 5) and Spring Break (March 30 – April 6). Watch for information closer to those dates about if and when care will be offered.
If you are registered for Full-Time Out of School Care, you can pay for Non-School Days in advance. You can pay for one or as many as you want. You do not need to pay for all of them now. They will be available to purchase throughout the school year through School Cash Online.
- PAY ONLINE - Non-School Days
Options and registration for Casual Care will be provided closer to the start of the 2017-2018 school year depending on availability at each site.